Thursday, January 27, 2011

Feelings of Technology

Technology should be an aspect of teaching, but I don’t believe technology should be the only form of teaching. I think it is important to use it to keep students on track and to create fun and new opportunities for learning. For me, technology comes easily and I pick up things very fast. I know however that that is not the case for everyone. I am curious how to use technology in an early childhood setting and to use it in a way that isn’t expensive or keeps kids from exercising or being creative. I don’t like certain ways technology does everything for you. I believe there are good games for children and adults to play as well as bad ones. I also am aware of the effect technology has on your eyes. I, for example, didn’t have to use glasses until after a year and a half of using the computer daily for school. My eyes do need a break every once in a while and I’m worried about that being an issue for young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment